Even though I’m organized, and trained as a registered dietitian, parenthood allowed me to learn things firsthand that I thought I already knew from my nutrition training, research, and preparation. I’m grateful, but I know that like all parents, I have had hard days, too. The struggle is real.
But the good news is that I now have many tools in my toolbox to help your mealtimes go much more smoothly. I can’t wait to share them with you!
My career and motherhood have been intertwined from the start. My oldest, Lucy, was polite enough to wait until the day after I passed the RD exam to make her debut in the world.
I’ve worked hard to balance motherhood and my career these past few years and have had experience in a few different roles, from a school food service management consulting firm to corporate wellness and later as a dietetic internship director.
I learned plenty in each role, but I also learned that I am an entrepreneur at heart. I am doing the work that most lights me up when I am empowering fellow parents to feed their families with confidence. That is why I founded The Parenting Dietitian.
I am guided by the teachings of my own mother, whom I lost when I was only fourteen. Having lost my mother at such a young age was a transformative and difficult experience. It makes me treasure my childhood memories so much. And now that I am a parent, I look back on my upbringing and see my childhood memories in a new perspective, filled with gratitude and respect.
These days, my girls are ages 6 and 3 and I am the primary meal planner, grocery shopper, chef, parent available at all mealtimes, researcher of “all the things” and CEO of the family as well as CEO of The Parenting Dietitian.
We have lived in a few different states, and we feel at home in Minneapolis. We love to stay active as a family year-round, from swimming, biking and exploring in the summer to skiing, sledding and playing in the snow all winter long (and there is a LOT of snow in Minnesota!).
- B.A. Chemistry and Biomedical Studies, St. Olaf College
- M.S. Public Health Nutrition, Case Western Reserve University
- Specialty in Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Dietetic Internship, Case Western Reserve University
- Professional Certificate, Organizational Leadership
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), The Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian (LD), Minnesota
- Licensed Dietitian (LD), Ohio
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member
- Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group, Member